From decadent desserts to savory dinners, pistachios are good in just about anything.
And we aren’t just saying that because we grow them.
Filter by category
Farro With Pistachios, Mixed Herbs, & Golden Raisins
Fresh, flavorful grain salad with a tangy twist
- 2 cups farro
- ½ tsp kosher salt, plus more
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 ⅓ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated peeled ginger
- ½ tsp sugar
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil or olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 serrano chile, sliced into rings
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mixed fresh cilantro, mint, and parsley
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Rinse farro under cold water. Cook in a large pot of boiling salted water, skimming surface occasionally, until tender, 20–25 minutes.
Meanwhile, toast pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
Whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger, sugar, and ½ tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, gradually add oil. Whisk until emulsified; season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Drain farro and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and add chile, herbs, raisins, and pistachios; toss to combine. Drizzle with vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.